How great was your week that’s just passed? In sharing with you the-best-of-the-best that I’ve come across this past week, I’m hoping something will “connect” & help you plan for an even better week ahead.
Quotes of the week..
“Ideas not coupled with action never become bigger than the brain cells they occupied.” – Arnold H. Glasow
“If you have accomplished all that you have planned for yourself, you have not planned enough.” – Meddigo Message
“If you’re not sure where you are going, you’re liable to end up someplace else.” – Robert F. Mager
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
Posts of the week..
- Vacation Policy = No Policy..
- “We don’t care which 80 hours you work”..
- Extreme Transparency..
- No door policy..
- Seat rotation..
- HubSpot Fellows..
- Free beer..
- Friday 4pm Happy Hour..
- Dress code = no dress code..
- Big Hairy Mission..
- Social media policy = we trust you..
“Are You a Hundred Percenter?” is again another example of the power of behavioral science at work. If you’re following my blog on a regular basis, are you starting to notice a trend?
In Taking the Mystery out of Scalability, Ben Horowitz lays out the basic fundamentals of scaling any organization.
The Zen moment of the week..
7 Simple Ways To Say “No” will help you regain control over your life.
You don’t even have to say an outright “No” at the very beginning. Maybe just start out with a delayed “Yes” by making sure that you’re not simply repeating an ingrained habit. If you have the courage to look deep inside & question what you’ve assumed, you might just find that you really do have more of a choice than you originally might have thought.
Inspirational moment of the week..
I was pretty amazed when I saw this quick 5m clip! Considering we’re talking about the early 1900’s it’s amazing how Henry Ford was able to innovate & leverage emotional intelligence back then.
Lessons from this clip?
- The power of laser Focus & simplicity; You can have any color you want as long as it’s black.
- Take money as an issue for concern off the table; $5 per day was a higher salary than most & so you focused only on the work you had to do.
- 8h instead of the traditional 9; Work-life balance & leverage an opportunity for multiple shifts.
- Innovation at it’s best; City road & off-road prowess!
What have you learned from any of the links & resources listed above? What will you apply toward your week ahead to make it even stronger than the one just past?