What do you do every day that makes you a great leader? What are the skills, behaviors, attitudes, qualities & traits you need to learn or adopt in order to take your leadership to the next level?
In the 5m41s Harvard Business clip below entitled The Crucial Skill for Tomorrow’s Leaders, see how many of these 10 skills and or traits you have:
- Creating trust.. it’s hard to build & easy to lose
- Find your authentic voice & your authentic self to established “connected” relationships with people
- Having a sense of purpose, passion & mission of how you want to lead
- Empathy.. understanding the people around you and making human connections
- Relentless desire to build capacity in others by being a teacher or multiplier
- Devotion to the interest of others & and fostering community
- Always explaining “the why” & creating the dynamic of accountability
- Curiosity & humbleness
- Mindfulness, presence & awareness with an open mind
- Clear sense of your calling /your purpose.. your natural organic strengths that drive passion & enthusiasm without having to give direction
In closing, I’d like to leave you with these two great quotes;
- “THEY ACHIEVE IT, WE ENABLE IT: Great leaders know they are the enablers and that their people are the real achievers.” – Author unknown
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
Armed with this valuable information, how are you showing up as a leader these days?